Because we know how important it is to stay active, we offer a range of different services to keep residents healthy, occupied and in good spirits throughout the year. As well as regular visits from chiropodists, health professionals and hairdressers, we also have a daily activities programme for everyone to enjoy and liven up our communal areas.
Our daily activities programme is varied and is centred around our residents. Every resident has a weekly contact sheet to ensure they are doing enough of the things they want to do. This can be a group event (such as an arts & crafts session, exercise class or a pub quiz) or a more personal, one-to-one activity (such as a game of cards or a chat in the garden). Residents are not obliged to join in any activities – they can pick and choose how they wish.
Current activities include:
- Resident parties with live entertainment
- Pub nights – think quizzes, shandies and crisps!
- Pampering sessions
- Arlington Kids & Residents parties
- Exercise and flexibility classes
- A wide range of arts & crafts including Knit & natter, Colouring with Mindfulness and Cake Decorating
- Regular trips to the local chippy and bakery for resident treats!